Tuesday, April 19, 2011

50 Before 20: This time no procrastination!

I'm turning twenty in one month and a few hours. Needless to say, I am freaking out. I feel as though I have accomplished nothing in the past 20 years,. Like most people I have a few certificates and a decent cgpa - but that's not what I'm talking about. I feel like I have failed to develop/accomplish something as a person, as an individual, as me. And the last thing I want to do is grow up feeling like a failure.

This is why I made a list of things - 9 areas and 50 things. They are neither interesting nor difficult, they are simply things I want to do, just to prove to myself that I am not as horrible as I think I am. The list includes:


7 blog posts
10 doodles
1 short story
1 play
3 poems
15 thank-you notes
5 "good movies" (open for suggestions)
5 new dishes (ditto ) *pescetarian alert*
3 new friends

I know some of them sound really lame (like the last one), but I really do feel that accomplishing all of this will not only make me feel good, but also help me improve as a person (or, to be more specific, help me improve as ME).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you just need to relax a little. Buy colorful ballons, eat eight slices of cake and spend all the rest of day in bed watching some stupid movie! What a great birthday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lovely birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete