Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You just got UrbanDictionary'd

I love that site! New favourie words/phrases:






n. Doing stuff to keep busy while avoiding what really needs doing. When all is said and done, your room is clean, your laundry is folded -- but you haven't started your English paper.
I should really do my program. But instead, I think it's time for some productive procrastination... Where's the mop??






The use of prior evidence of one event to predict the outcome of another unrelated event - from the words superstitious and statistics.
1. Toss a coin and get heads 100 times in a row and use superstistics to conclude that the next toss is more likely to be tails than heads.


2. A well known superstistics conclusion: "The outcome of Washington Redskins home football games has correctly predicted the winner of every U.S. presidential election since 1936." (snopes)






Having the attitude that if something can't be done in 5 minutes or less, it's not worth doing.
Someone's mom: "You know, I just hate how our son never gets his chores done."


Someone's dad: "Yeah it's his microwave mentality. He gets it from you."






nature's way of tricking people into reproducing.






When you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both.


An amalgum of hungry and angry invented to describe that feeling when you get when you are out at a restaurant and have been waiting over an hour to get the meal that you have ordered.
"Damn! Where is that steak I ordered? We've been waiting for an hour and a half here. The service here is terrible! I'm starving! I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel really hangry!"






1. An phrase overused by those trying to sound sophisticated and/or intelligent.


2. A phrase used frequently by Tobias Bluth from Arrested Development.
Tobias: You could say I'm, if you will, 'buy curious'


Man: I can "sprinkle the pudding" if you will.
(I think he means Tobias Funke)






Not double dipping! When a chip (or other dippable food) is dipped, bitten, and then turned over so that the tainted, bitten, and saliva covered part isn't able to corrupt the dip.
Don: Hey man, no double dipping!
Mac: I'm not double dipping! I'm using strategic dipping!






The concoon of blankets, pillows, duvets, and comfy things you gather around yourself to keep warm whilst spending long amounts of time on the internet.
1. Hey were's Jane tonight?
Oh she didn't want to leave her internest.


2. Tom knew that eating pizza in his internest was a bad idea, but it was just too warm and snuggly.






to delighting in condescending, inaccurate explanations delivered with rock solid confidence of rightness and that slimy certainty that of course he is right, because he is the man in this conversation
Even though he knew she had an advanced degree in neuroscience, he felt the need to mansplain "there are molecules in the brain called neurotransmitters"






Rejection of an insanely popular idea, game, show, place etc. simply because it is so insanely popular.
I'm enjoying season three of 'Lost'." "Season three came out four or five years ago." "I know, I suffer from hype aversion."






A blatantly regurgitated, prepackaged opinion. An opinion that requires no research, independent thought, wit, or creativity of one's own. Generally political, or theological in nature.
"John always re-posts political messages on Facebook. I'm tired of hearing his fast food opinions."


"Fox News is the nation's leading purveyor of fast food opinions."

2 comments:

  1. I love those!

    I definitely have hypeaversion. *Points to books she hasn't read.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah hypeaversion *pointing to the life I refuse to lead* :P

    ReplyDelete