Sunday, March 13, 2011

Because I hate fruit salads.

What's with the fruit = relationship status on FB? Its been more than a week and women are still forcing their private lives on others. Its lame, idiotic and no, it does not show support for Breast Cancer Awareness (You know what shows support for BC Awareness? Spreading the word about BC). And ladies, must I add, it does not show men how powerful women are. It shows how desperate and silly we are. I swear. Ask Gloria Steinem, I'm pretty sure she'll agree with me.

I got this message on FB:
"We are playing a game. Someone proposed that we GIRLS do something special on Facebook to help with Breast Cancer Awareness. Its easy, and Id like you to join us to help it spread. Last year it was about writing the color of the bra that your were wearing in your Fb status and it left men wondering for days why the girls had random colors as their status. This year it has to do with your relationship status. You will state where you are, by posting one of the codes below. Remember - don't reply to this message just type your 1 word response in your status box on your profile. Then cut and paste this whole message into a new message and send it along to your female friends....
Blueberry: Im single
Pineapple: its complicated
Pear: Separated
Raspberry: Im a touch and go woman
Apple: Engaged
Cherry: In a relationship
Banana: Im married
Avocado: Im the "other one"
Strawberry: Cant find the right one
Lemon: Wish i was single
Grape: wants to get married.
The bra game reached TV, lets get this one to do the same, and show everyone how powerful women are."



Forget interested, I'm offended. Sometimes I feel ashamed of being a woman! Why do girls obsess over dumb things like this? I seriously don't get the point! Who cares if you're an Avocado or a lemon flavored banana?  I'm not interested in knowing about your private live. I don't care how many boyfriends/girlfriends you have. Please. Spare me the details.


I admit, I'm not a romantic little fool, I don't get why people make such a huge deal about relationships, marriage etc. I see girls around me, mature, independent girls sticking to their men like Velcro. And no, its not love (I'm not naive). Its possessiveness. The ratio number of people who actually seem to be in love and the number of people in relationships (that I know of) will yield a value less than 0.5. 


Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe I don't really know the truth since I don't know "what love is". But if I really am wrong, tell me one thing: why do women just keep looking for opportunities to post about their relationship status?

No comments:

Post a Comment